FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  7 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I got married January 2013 and want to know my options of an

I got married January 2013 and want to know my options of an annulment and/or divorce? Is it Possible without seperation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The legal grounds for an annulment in Maryland include:

Consanguinity – your spouse is a blood relative.
Bigamy – your spouse is married to someone else.
Impotency – you must prove your spouse can’t meet your sexual and physical needs.
Mental disability – your spouse could be temporarily or permanently mentally disabled.
Duress – you were forced to marry your spouse.

In order for an annulment in Maryland to be declared totally void, there must be evidence showing the marriage never occurred or should not have occurred. A short term marriage, like the one you mind yourself in, would not be grounds alone, for an annulment and would require that you go through the divorce process. An absolute divorce in Maryland effectively dissolves your marriage. This means you can remarry and divide your property.Proving grounds for an absolute divorce in Maryland requires showing one of the following occurred:

adultery;
desertion (a year or longer);
cruelty and harsh conduct;
one-year separation (with separation agreement);
criminal conviction (felony or misdemeanor);
2-year separation (without separation agreement); and/or
insanity.

I know you have concerns regarding the issue about separation and would likely want to terminate the marriage sooner but the only way to do this is to prove one of the other grounds.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What if you have knowledge but dont have hard evidence to prove it? I have a picture of his phone with another womans phone number with the woman picture of her legs in his phone. You know how people have there face picture next to the number.

Evidence can be testimony as well as physical evidence but you would need to show that he was having an affair with this women. The picture of her legs alone would not likely be enough so you or someone would have to have witnessed their interaction or you would need to find some type of email or text messages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what about stating to me im not better than him, and he think somethings wrong with me?

It may not rise to the level of harsh or cruel conduct, unless it can be shown to be excessive and continuous. Even then, the Judge is going to want to know what was said, how long this went on for, what you did to avoid it and other relevant factors.
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience: 7 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases