Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

My niece was a ward of the state and now at 18 she no longer

My niece was a ward of the state and now at 18 she no longer is. How do we get documentation for school to prove that she was a ward of the state?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you wth your concerns.

Your niece went about it the right way--the parties who would know would either be the case worker or her G.A.L. attorney. If neither responded, she can go back to curt and request that the judge order them to comply with her request via subpoena. But before that takes place, the other option would be to contact the agency directly and attempt to speak with the supervisor of her case worker--that person would have access to the case worker's data and should likewise be able to provide that information. This, hopefully, should not be too complicated, contacting the supervisor of the agency should be sufficient.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

You are most welcome, good luck to you and to your niece! If you found my information to be useful, please do not forget to positively rate my answers to you at this time. Thank you!