Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

I have filed to divorce my husband in Pa prison for molesting

I have filed to divorce my husband in Pa prison for molesting our daughter it has been over 16 months since I have filed because he will not sign my lawyer says it harder because he is in prison to divorce him how can get my divorce to be over

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. I am a Pennsylvania licensed professional and will do my best to help.

I am sorry to hear that you are being held hostage. Luckily for you there is a condition under PA law that entitles anyone and everyone to a divorce, meaning that one party cannot hold out and refuse to grant a divorce to the other. However to get that divorce granted by default you would need to wait exactly 2 years from the date you filed for divorce. In essence if he refuses to sign and holds out, you would need to wait another 8 months and then file for a default divorce order. This is the fastest avenue known to you at this time under PA law, and the surest to prevail.

Good luck.