FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

If a court order reads, "The Court is DIRECTING that primary

If a court order reads, "The Court is DIRECTING that primary physical custody of (child's name) shall be transferred to Mother the second Friday after the conclusion of the school year. The Court understands that, at this point, (school's name) last day of school is June 5th, and, therefore, the Court is anticipating that two Fridays after that date custody would transfer to Mother."

That means that I am able to pick up the child on 14 June? (There is no specific date mentioned in the order.)
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon the language you stated above, it would appear that the child would need to be turned over /picked up, on the 14th of June. The reason being, is that if school ends on the 5th, which is a Wednesday, the first Friday after school ends would by the 7th, with the second Friday being the 14th. Without a specific date mentioned, this would appear to be the intent of the court and time in which custody is transferred.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.