Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
11182422

Divorce in Los Angeles, CA, form FL-150. On number 12 it asks

Divorce in Los Angeles, CA, form FL-150. On number 12 it asks people that live with me and their income, do I have to disclose my parent's income? Both my spouse and I live with my parents and they pay mostly all of the expenses.
Hello there:

Thank you for your question. Under item 12 on the California Income and Expense Declaration (form FL-150), it asks the gross monthly income of people that live with the declarant. The reason it asks for this information is that form FL-150 can be used to determine spousal support. For purposes of spousal support, the declarant's standard of living is relevant. If other people living in your household were contributing to your standard of living, you would generally be entitled to less spousal support.

However, the income of family members under paragraph 12 is mostly irrelevant for purposes of child support, or if you were being asked to pay spousal support.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it still relevant if we are doing a Summary Dissolution, in which case both of us do not want spousal support?

As long as neither side is requesting spousal support, it would ordinarily not be relevant at all.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok in that case, since both of us lived with my parents and neither one of us wants spousal support, do we still have to fill out item 12? Can we both agree not to fill it out?

We don't need to file it with the court and just need to exchange form FL150 with each other per instructions in the CA website.

Legally, the form should be filled out completely. Unfortunately, I can't give you permission to omit any information from an income and expense declaration.