Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

CPS was called on my wife. Allegation include drug use, drug

CPS was called on my wife. Allegation include drug use, drug sale, drug manufacturing, etc. I need to know if we should agree to take the drug test that CPS has asked us to take? We may test positive for TCH but we do not sell, manufacture or use other drugs. CPS told us if we refuse the drug test they will a court order and it will be much more invasive. We completely caught of guard with the allegations and balked at them. Now I think CPS might be taking that to mean we are guilty.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Do not consent to the drug test. It would not be helpful to have a positive drug test in your record. Although CPS may suspect drug use, a positive TCH test would prove their suspicions and would be used against you. If CPS petitions the court for a drug test, I suggest that you retain local counsel to object to the test. In the meantime, consider not using any products that may contain TCH so that it is less likely that a test, if ordered, will show positive

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.