Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.

The judge ordered the house and car to me after a Findings

Customer Question

The judge ordered the house and car to me after a Findings and Orders After Dissolution Trial received March 5, 2013. On May 28, 2013 we had to go to court to get an order for the court clerk to have the power to sign the deed and title. The next day the same judge signed a ex-parte for a request for order injunction. We have not received anything as of yet. but my attorney was supposed to proceed forward getting the title to the truck and the deed to the house signed. They have not done a thing, but stated were to going to hurry and get this signed. I don't know what to do or believe from my attorney. I don't the law so I don't know if they are doing anything and why wouldn't we have had the clerk sign the same day as the judge ordered the papers to be signed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 10 months ago.

meigs004 :

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your situation, so you are wondering if there is a time period for an attorney, after receiving the injunction, and power to sign, to execute the transfers?

Customer:

We have not received an injunction yet we know there is something filed, but until we are served shouldn't they move a little quicker to have those documents signed before an injunction is served? The court clerk has been given the ability to sign them.

meigs004 :

Depending on the motives on your attorney and the situation surrounding the execution of those documents, there may be a reason that the attorney is waiting to sign, or delaying the process, otherwise, it should get done as soon as reasonably possible.

meigs004 :

Who is the injunction against?

meigs004 :

You or your attorney from signing the papers?

meigs004 :

Are you still there?

Customer:

we don't know, The judge ruled and I quote from the minute order "Court appointed the court clerk to sign the transfer titles for the truck and residence to Mr. Kemp" that is me. No one knows when what Mrs. Kemps request for order-injunction is about because she will serve us the day before the court date and the judge does give her lee way because she is pro-per or representing her self. She filed contempt of court charges against my attorney at one time. that was never heard because she didn't show up to court

Customer:

My attorney has the title to the truck for signature and I think the clerk signs a quitcalm not sure of the legal term but does that document show her name with the clerks signature in place of Mrs. Kemp?

Customer:

7:32 PM

My attorney has the title to the truck for signature and I think the clerk signs a quitcalm not sure of the legal term but does that document show her name with the clerks signature in place of Mrs. Kemp

meigs004 :

Ok, I understand, if the court order gives the authority to the clerk or your attorney, then it should be a matter of simply quitclaiming the house to you through a deed, which would not require your ex wifes signature, and the truck the title should just be transferred.

meigs004 :

So, there really is no reason for the delay by your attorney, and the clerk in not executing those documents.

meigs004 :

In those type of situations, I always tell customers it is simply best to just stay on your attorney's rear until they get it done.

Customer:

that's what I thought and I have kept at them. I ve asked how much longer do you meaning my attorney think until this case Is over? He tells me were almost there. I don't know what that means. I am a firefighter and If there was a 4000 acre fire and I said its almost out that means nothing to someone that is not a firefighter,

Customer:

hat's what I thought and I have kept at them. I ve asked how much longer do you meaning my attorney think until this case Is over? He tells me were almost there. I don't know what that means. I am a firefighter and If there was a 4000 acre fire and I said its almost out that means nothing to someone that is not a firefighter,

meigs004 :

I can certainly understand your impatience, and if you are a firefighter I can certainly understand your position. However, there is no specific time period, so you will just have to stay on top of them.

meigs004 :

Do you have any other questions?

meigs004 :

If not, please provide a positive rating by selecting the smiley face and submitting so that I can be credited for our time together.

Customer:

This is a very frustrating process and even more when it seems more like a divorce between Mrs. Kemp and my attorney. I don't feel like a participant and I have expressed that many times. Thanks for listening and yes I come from an industry that requires immediate action. I understand courts have thousands of cases but if my industry operated at the speed of the judicial process the public would demand and accept nothing less but improvement. Again thanks you I am not quit as stressed as I was 5 minutes ago

meigs004 :

I am glad I could help, and thanks for what you do! I know I couldnt. Please do not forget to provide the positive rating!

Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience: I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.