FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My husband and I will be divorced at the end of this month.

My husband and I will be divorced at the end of this month. We have a 15 year old daughter who suffers from anxiety attacks. Because she lives with me, I occasionally feel her attacks warrant a visit to the ER. In the last year we have made 4 visits.
Last night I texted him when we were on our way to the hospital.
He texted back that she didn't need to go.

My question is "what is my responsibility to him when I believe it is in her best interest to go to the hospital?"
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Welcome,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

FiveStarLaw :

I am not clear what you mean by your responsibility to the father?

FiveStarLaw :

I think I know but I do not want to presume

Customer:

do I need to discuss before I take her, or can I inform him of my decision

FiveStarLaw :

If you believe that your daughter needs to go to the ER, you believe that there is an emergency. Unless the father is a medical doctor who is treating your child, your responsibility is to obtain medical help for your child. In this situation, you appear to have handled the situation perfectly – you did not delay treatment for your child and informed the father while en route

Customer:

thank you

FiveStarLaw :

It has been my pleasure to work with you

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by beginning your question with "For FiveStarLaw".

Customer:

I will do that

FiveStarLaw :

Best of luck with this difficult situation

FiveStarLaw :

FiveStarLaw

FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.