Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Im in a prolonged divorce. My ex has misused and emptied custodi

I'm in a prolonged divorce. My ex has misused and emptied custodial funds in addition is using to deposit and move money. I have the evidence and it is not being use for the child at all. Is this illegal.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: Yes, it is illegal. You should bring this issue to the attention of the Court. It would be part of your divorce and under the issue of support for the children.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been in pre-trial for almost four years now, and discovery has been continually extended, but is there a way to bring this kind of information, or her cheating or anything or that sort into pre-trial?

Response: If you have not completed Discovery, then you and your Attorney can make a Request for Production of Documents, the documents regarding the custodial accounts, all statements on the account for past three years for example. You can also send her Interrogatories asking her to state if she has ever withdrawn money from the account. If so, what did she use the money for, whether she has moved money from that account to any other account? etc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am pro SE ,emergency motion to extend there time for discovery after 3 years LOL 3rd one in 100 . I have that information already on the custodial accounts and did not yet give it to her attorneys, but really they should have it.

Response: Thank you for the information. Since you already have the documents/information, you can bring the issue up during your pre-trial conferences and ask the Court to order her to return/account for the funds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please this is not helpful if you can look back at the 3 years of questions then maybe you will understand, I will rate you excellent because everybody deserves to get paid., My hope was to get a group of lawyers and utilize the knowledge and experience,. I have done better on my own i have had 3 lawyers and if it wasn't for the knowledge and guts to stand firm I would be a statistic

Response: I am sorry that you did not find my last response to you helpful. However, the information that I provided was based on your post and my experience in the Courtroom. The only way that you can bring the issue of your soon-to-be ex misusing a custodial account is either to bring it with related matters in your pre-trial conferences or file Motion with the Court to address the issue. As for looking back at your previous questions for the past three years, I am sure that you are aware that I cannot go back and review every one of your posts for the past three years for $12.50. Also and more importantly, if you did not find my answer helpful, then you should not rate the answer at all. I do not want to get paid for providing you with an answer that is not useful to you. In any event, I wish you ultimate success in your divorce case.