Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

Florida law: Approx amount of monthly child support to be paid

Customer Question

Florida law: Approx amount of monthly child support to be paid for 2 children (2-yrs & 6-yrs old) if x-husband makes approx $75,000 per year?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer - Child support is based on court approved guidelines and is based on the combined incomes of the parties and not just on the income of the father or the mother. There would be no way that I could tell you the amount since this has to be calculated according to the Florida child support worksheet and there are other factors involved such as day care expenses and health care costs and time spent with the child and other expenses that may be involved. This should have been calculated in the divorce case but if there has been a change of circumstances since the divorce you have the right to file a motion for an increase or amendment to the support order. I have supplied the website for the Florida child support worksheet which would need to be completed in order to calculate the support amount. I am not permitted to prepare documents from this website but you can certainly input your financial information onto the worksheet to get an idea of what the amount should be approximately. It is always best to run the calculations before you file anything with the court so that you know if a court action will be worth the effort and the cost. Here is the website:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

No problem and thanks for using our service - Dave