How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31658
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have temporary 60/40 visitation with my child with me having

This answer was rated:

I have temporary 60/40 visitation with my child with me having the majority. What can I do to increase my chances to gain MORE time or to convince the judge to grant this as the final order? I already have status quo on my side.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

The main issue for a judge in custody cases is to determine what is in the best interest of the child. Thus, you will have to be able to prove to the judge that it is in the child's best interest to be with you at least this amount of time, and possibly even make a bid for more time, and to make this arrangement permanent.

In determining this, the judge will consider several factors, such as the preference of the child, the home environment each parent can offer, the time each parent has to spend with the child, financial situation of both parents, education needs, character of both parents and any other factor that the court deems is relevant. Thus, you will have to show the court that all of these considerations point in your direction or that each factor will fall in your favor. If you can do that, you should have a favorable position to make this arrangement (or a better one) permanent.
Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions