Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have temporary 60/40 visitation with my child with me having

I have temporary 60/40 visitation with my child with me having the majority. What can I do to increase my chances to gain MORE time or to convince the judge to grant this as the final order? I already have status quo on my side.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

The main issue for a judge in custody cases is to determine what is in the best interest of the child. Thus, you will have to be able to prove to the judge that it is in the child's best interest to be with you at least this amount of time, and possibly even make a bid for more time, and to make this arrangement permanent.

In determining this, the judge will consider several factors, such as the preference of the child, the home environment each parent can offer, the time each parent has to spend with the child, financial situation of both parents, education needs, character of both parents and any other factor that the court deems is relevant. Thus, you will have to show the court that all of these considerations point in your direction or that each factor will fall in your favor. If you can do that, you should have a favorable position to make this arrangement (or a better one) permanent.