Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

In the State of Virginia, What form do I need to get my ex-wife

In the State of Virginia, What form do I need to get my ex-wife back in court for violating the property settlement agreement?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry about your difficult situation.

Can you please describe how is your ex-wife violating court ordered property settlement agreement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the "PSA", we agreed that she would sign the house over to me, but now that I'm ready to close on refinancing the house, she wants her half of the equity, but don't want to sign anything.

Dear Clyde,

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, there is no standard form that you can use to file in court to enforce the court ordered PSA, however you can either draft yourself or hire a local family law attorney to draft Motion to Enforce Court Ordered PSA and Motion for Contempt of the Court order.

Once the Motion for Contempt and to Enforce PSA is filed with the court and copy served on your ex, you or your local attorney will be able to set your motions for a hearing before the judge and the judge will review the situation and will issue a ruling at the end of the hearing.

I wish you the best of luck!