Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Case Summaryhi paul, i have filed for a petition for review

Customer Question

Case Summary hi , i have filed for a petition for review and unsure of the status could you help me understand what or if anything is to happen here is the info from ca courts appellate court case info: case summary: Docket (Register of Actions) IN RE V P. Case Number XXXXX Date Description Notes 04/15/2013 Petition for review filed Defendant and Appellant: CRC 8.25(b) 04/15/2013 Record requested 04/17/2013 Received Court of Appeal record one doghouse ( volume 1 of 2 ) Supreme Court Case: S209944 Court of Appeal Case(s): Second Appellate District, Div. 7Case Category: Review - Civil Appeal Start Date: 04/15/2013 Case Status: case initiated Issues: none Case Citation: none Future Scheduled Actions Description Due Date Notes Remittitur issued. 06/17/2013 Record returned from Supreme Court. 07/15/2013 i am pro per - what do you think ? thanks

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and for asking for me.

From what you posed above,it seems like the case was returned to you from the court without any action although from the case summary you posted it does not state why that was done. There is no reason for them returning the appeal listed.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no the case is still pending review in the supreme court - the case summary ( what i tried to abbreviate in the above question ) and you will see that you did not answer or maybe just did not understand what i was seeking - it can be viewed at : http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov

and input the supreme court case # XXXXXXX

I have been "researching" all weekend and think i have a better idea... but would still like your input?

Thank you for your bad service rating, you posted truncated information from which nothing can be really ascertained. You are having a hard time figuring out what you are looking at and it is your case and you expect me to know, pretty unfair of you.

You asked me "what do I think?" About what, you didn't ask anything other than you posted the case summary? Again pretty unfair of you again on that. When I go to the Supreme Court page it tells me "no information found" under the supreme court case number. It shows me the parties and lower court information, but shows me nothing else.

This is all I get:

Supreme Court Case: S209944
Court of Appeal Case(s): Second Appellate District, Div. 7
B242831
Case Caption: IN RE VINCENT P.
Case Category: Review - Civil Appeal
Start Date: 04/15/2013
Case Status: case initiated
Issues: none
Case Citation: none

So if you could please actually explain what you thought I did not answer, because I do not understand what you wanted and the information I am getting is pretty garbled from you and very limited from the court site (that might be where your bad service is).