Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My ex husband keeps stating Im denying him visitation because

My ex husband keeps stating I'm denying him visitation because I refuse to pick up and drop off the children to him. I've told him he can come and pick them up and drop them off every other weekend as agreed and any other weekend as I'm open. Am I responsible for dropping off and picking them up? In our divorce papers it just states he has every other weekend from Friday to Sunday. No mention of my doing the travel.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Good Morning,

I am a New York licensed attorney. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

So that I can give you the most accurate information possible, please tell me:
1. What is the approximate traveling time and distance between your homes?
2. What are the ages of your children?
3. When was your divorce finalized?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes our divorce was finalized. I live in beacon ny the same house we lived in when married. He chose to move out of the county and lives an hour and half away. He doesn't have a permanent home and is staying with his mother in the city. My children are 8,6,and 5 years old.
Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your response.

Absent a provision in your divorce order to the contrary, you are only required to have your children available to be picked up for visitation at your home during the times stated in your court order. You are not responsible to transport your children to your former husband's current location. Additionally you are not required to have your children available for visitation at times other than that stated in the court order. If your former husband disagrees, his remedy is to file an action with the court for modification.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.