Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.

In a trial for a divorce, is it similar to any other trial.

In a trial for a divorce, is it similar to any other trial. I know there is no jury, are you entitiled to one. Two is there opening statments on what it is you are trying to accomplish by proceeding to trial?

texlawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

texlawyer :

Divorces do follow the normal procedure of a trial, but you do not have a right to a jury.

texlawyer :

You will have an opportunity to make opening remarks and closing remarks, call witnesses and cross examine the other side's witnesses. Instead of a jury, however, it will be tried to the judge only.

texlawyer :

Do you have any questions?

well that is good to know,. you see I have been behind the 8 ball so to say since i was deceived into thinking that we were reconciling as she continued the divorce behind my back and was awarded 2000 a week. 3 years later and 3 lawyers later for me I am pro se again but owe nothing. and appear to be taken seriously/ Every lawyer doesnot want a trial, I do. OR 3 pretrials in 5 weeks? Her latest lawyer is stalling just to recieve support to put me back into the reararrages. Im nnot allowing it.. Lake county Illuons is corrupt for sure. I have learned the game well. I finally have a light at the end of the tunnel. At this rate I graduate from Marshal law school in JUNE LOL