N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

A couple I know, Jill and Stephen, want to get a divorce in

A couple I know, Jill and Stephen, want to get a divorce in Nebraska, Douglas County. They have one child and custody of that child has already been given to Stephen's mother. Jill and Stephen are quite poor and wanted me to find the correct petition or would it be decree for the divorce form. I read through all of forms and do not known which would apply. Also, they have no property but will be receiving a tax refund. Stephen would like for the refund to be divided between Jill and himself.
Susan
Instructions and forms for Filing for Divorce in Nebraska -- With Children But With No Custody Disputes, Visitation Disputes or Property Disputes are posted or linked at the Self Help Center page at
http://court.nol.org/self-help/divorcewithchildren.html

They will need to prepare both a Decree and one spouse will have to file a Complaint and a Vital Statistics Certificate, and the other spouse can file a Voluntary Appearance.

That page also links to the fee waiver forms.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for the Excellent rating, and thank you very much for the bonus!