Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a pending fact finding court date regarding modification

I have a pending fact finding court date regarding modification of child support in July. My ex-husband is on temporary disability. Our current divorce agreement states that we have to split the children's activities 60/40. My ex-huband has taken it upon himself to change the order to 55/45. I told him I would agree in order for the kids to be enrolled in summer camp. However, can I request the 5% in arrears when we have our court date? Does it matter that I verbally agreed?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Could you explain a little more?

Who is requesting for modification of child support and why?

Did your former spouse not pay his court-ordered child support because you "verbally? agreed to the reduction because he was spending 5% more time with the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My ex-husband is requesting modification because he is on temporary disability. We had a prelimary hearing on May 20th and the judge said that starting June 1st the modification will start. My ex-husband has taken it upon himself to only pay half the amount of child support owed for the month of May and has told me that because of his financial status he will pay 55/45 towards the children's summer camp. Our current divorce agreement states we split the cost 60/40. I only agreed, because I wanted to make sure the children would be enrolled in camp. However, I feel this is financial bullying.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was assisting another site user when you responded to my Information Request.

Kindly give me few minutes to review your information and get back to you.

Thank you for your understanding

Thank you for the information and for your patience:

Your Question: I have a pending fact finding court date regarding modification of child support in July. My ex-husband is on temporary disability. Our current divorce agreement states that we have to split the children's activities 60/40. My ex-huband has taken it upon himself to change the order to 55/45. I told him I would agree in order for the kids to be enrolled in summer camp. However, can I request the 5% in arrears when we have our court date?

Response 1:
Yes, you can. He needs to pay his current amount until the new amount takes effect in June.

Does it matter that I verbally agreed?

Response 2
: No, it does not matter. He needs to pay his Court ordered amount. The only one that has any right to change the amount of the support is the Court.