LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

When writing my brief for my final order for visitation, should

When writing my brief for my final order for visitation, should I follow the findings of fact order of events from the temporary order?

1. Christmas Holiday and Transportation
2. Summer Visitation
3. Other Holidays
4. Additional Visitation by Father
5. Children's Belongings To Be Sent By Mother
6. Other Communication
7. Additional Items
8. Possible Problems with Visitation

A. If I want to introduce examples of parent alientation, where would I include that?

B. If I have made a mistake and kept the clothes the mother has sent, should I admit that in my brief? I kept them because they were clothes that were too small, worn out and ones the children did not want to wear. My kids stated they did not want to wear them anymore. Should I put that in my statement, or just say I kept them.

Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 3 years ago.

LADY LAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today.
LADY LAWYER : Yes, following the findings of fact from the temporary order would be a good way to structure your brief. If the alienation does not relate back to any of the categories you listed, then just do a paragraph .9 and label it "Alienation Issues."
LADY LAWYER : If the clothes were kept as an accident, just say you admit to inadvertently keeping them and that you have returned them. Don't go into why. It always looks best if you can answer by saying you have already corrected the issue the other parent has complained about.
LADY LAWYER : Happy to answer any further questions if you should have them. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What if I kept the clothes on purpose?
I returned the ones that were serviceable, the rest I threw out into the trash.

I want to be honest with the judge what I did.

How do you recommend handling this situation?
Hi Kevin,

I didn't know you trashed them. If you did, then you are just going to have to be honest and own up to it like you planned to do. That's all you can do. The judge may make you pay for the value of the clothes, but it isn't likely. Worse things happen between exes so you should be fine.