Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

Even though my name is XXXXX XXXXX the real estate property, can

Even though my name is XXXXX XXXXX the real estate property, can my husband sale it without my consent? It was bought during the marriage?

Hello and welcome,

Yes, if your name is XXXXX XXXXX the title to the property, your spouse can typically sell it without your consent, but would need the signature of any other owners which may be on the title. Even though is was purchased during the marriage, only the spouse's signature who is named on the title to the property is normally needed to dispose of the property. If a divorce is pending, then both spouses typically have an obligation not to dissipate marital assets, so that would be an exception to the general rule.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!