Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I just want to make sure I am clear on your previous answer,

I just want to make sure I am clear on your previous answer, so if I were to leave I basically would face abandonment of our property and would most likely have to obtain a court order to come back?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your new question.

Abandonment is a legal term that would not apply in this situation. However once you have moved out of the house, the house occupant (your husband) does not have a legal obligation to allow you back into the house. Therefore as a practical matter you may find yourself unable to obtain your property without first filing a court action. This is why others in a similar situation obtain the FVPO to allow them to remain in the house and prevent the spouse from returning