Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West
6704987

Timeshare plan, shared custody, judge told mother July 2011

Customer Question

Timeshare plan, shared custody, judge told mother July 2011 if she doesn't follow this court order to the T , would see inside of a jail. Judge had to tell her "shut up" she kept interrupting him. Ouch. Judges don't like interrupted.
Asked her, do you understand this ?Mother was to notify the dad in 24 hrs if she moved and the court within 7 days. Dad had to pull the info from her re: 5 moves. She never notified the court until the move with yet another boyfriend.
Dad is established, married nearly 2 yrs, w/ same woman 3 yrs.
Mother still boyfriend hopping, Exposing almost 4 yr old to more men in her life.
Mother has also changed pediatricians without dad's consent.
So would a judge really put this mother in jail? Motions filed for breaking the court order. Going to court soon as we have a court date. Mediation didn't work. Please advise.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

As to whether or not a judge can put the mother in jail -- ABSOLUTELY. If the mother is in violation of any terms or requirements of the court order, then she is in willful contempt of court and the judge can fine or even jail the mother for violating the mandates of the court.

Jailing someone is a last resort for family law judges, but they certainly have the authority to do so. In this case, given the history you've described, it is very likely that the judge may do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To give you a tad bit more background on this MOM, your typical sociopath, no conscience, no remorse and lies uncontrollably. When the baby boy was 9 months old, she left the state and hid him from daddy and family. Had to take her to court to get her back. She was served in Virginia. Had married an Army guy. They're divorced. She's on live in boyfriend # XXXXX or 10 now. The judge also warned her if she hid him again would face prison time. This MOM also stole a van from our family by somehow altering the title. Judge made her pay and she dribbled some payments but we have a $3,000 judgment on her. This shows she's not only a liar but a thief.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Her history, and her past experience with this particular judge is not going to help her out at all! As long as she has violated the court's order, the judge has the right to put her in jail. The judge could also order her to go through a mental health evaluation based on her actions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response.
This MOTHER as a last ditch effort called DCF to report my son was molested in Grandma, Papa's home by siblings and cousins. My grandchildren were interviewed by case worker and female deputy present. She said all our family knew about it and did nothing and that her daughter now age 9 now was also molested I spk w/ the case worker telling her not a word was brought up in court July 2011 about any of this. Case worker shook her head and dismissed charges. The mother even said wanted a different case worker bc this woman dated the daddy. The case worker/ w/ DCF 7 yrs never saw my son before that night when we were all discussing these invented charges. This MOTHER is off her nut! We're a Christian family , even took "her daughter" to church and sunday school with us. When my son broke things off w/ the MOTHER, she even wanted me to keep her daughter when I kept baby grandson for the wkend. I told her absolutely not bc you're not setting me up. Something could happen under my care * we have 6 grandchildren// ok, she falls , skins her knee, etc. I told her no. Her daughter cried her eyes out she couldn't come to see us.
We treated her like our own ! I do believe she was even trying to set me up then. She immediately put a restraining order on my son and socked him with child support.
My son is going for sole custody. This MOTHER is using son as a pawn. In light of all this, how do judges look at this MOTHER ? My son's worst mistake in his life. Thank God has a wonderful wife now celebrating 2nd anniversary soon. They live in our sub division as to my other gkids.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The judge would likely view this mother as abusing the system and filing false claims against others to direct attention away from her. If child services found nothing improper, then the false report would appear to be just another shameless act by her.

In fact, the grandparents could have a claim against the mother for making a false affidavit or filing a false report, which can carry criminal consequences.

Because of the history with this judge, and her continued failures to abide by the orders of the court, it is very likely that the judge isn't going to give the mother the benefit of any doubt.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much! I'm 60 years old and my life has been good, clean, God fearing. I can't believe this evil woman came into our lives. We went to sheriff's ofc and filed a complaint re: false allegations.
I chaperone school events for gkids, church, etc. my daugher in law is nicu nurse. she tried to bring our family down. we've been employed by disney 25 years and married 41. my husband was very ticked off by this allegation, too. hopefully the judge will see through her also using the system and taking valuable resources away from children who truly are abused.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

No problem - - I wish you luck with this as I know it's a very tough situation.

Roger, Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you :)
We have a lot of ppl praying for our situation.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I hope things turn out well.

If you have any other questions, you can look me up here: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-kirkadams/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wonderful, thank you . I'll definitely be in touch.

Concerned Grandma
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Great. Thanks!