Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

would it be advisable to get a prenup in our situation. He

would it be advisable to get a prenup in our situation. He is in partnership with his father on the family farm due to inherit it upon father's death. I own my own home along with boat, camper. Both of us are 47. I am a widow with an 18 year old daughter. He has never been married.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Congratulations on your plans to get married.

It is always a good idea for two people who are adults and have some personal and separate personal assets with which they are entering into the marriage, to get a prenuptial agreement, which can protect both spouses' legal interests and assets.

In order for the prenuptial agreement to be valid, both spouses are required to provide each other with full financial disclosure of all of their personal assets to each other and also both spouses need to be represented by separate local attorneys, even though only one attorney can draft the prenuptial agreement.

You can find an experienced local family law attorney who can represent you in this matter, by using these well trusted and established attorney information / referral services:

www.martindale.com
www.lexmundi.com
www.justia.com
www.lawyers.com

I wish you the best of luck and GOD bless you!