Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My check was being garnished for back child support. It was

My check was being garnished for back child support. It was aburptly stopped by the court for reasons I don't know. Now I have Support Kids harassing me. Can they stop a garnishment ands then try to get me to pay again through Support Kids?

JD 1992 : Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and and I look forward to assisting you today.
JD 1992 : Sorry, that accidentally posted while I was trying to change this to the Family Law section. I'll switch it over and a family law expert should be with you shortly.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a family law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Support Kids is a private company that specializes in collecting child support. You certainly don't have to work with them and deal with them - - if you tell them to stop contacting you, they should have to comply under federal collection laws.

If your wages were being garnished and paid over to the Oklahoma Child Support Registry and it stopped, then you should contact the Oklahoma Dept. of Human Services and find out what's going on as you don't want to fall behind in your payments or be charged with contempt for failing to pay.
Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Hi -

I was checking to see if you have any additional questions. If so, just let me know and I'll be glad to respond. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does Support Kids have the authorty to have my drivers license or passport revoked?

No, it's not a government agency and has no such authority. It can hire an attorney and get a court order for something like this if it represents your ex, but that's no different than any attorney could do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for time and affort, have been harassed for A couple of months and have been worried
No problem.

You certainly need to get the issue of your support being made attended to - but, this private agency doesn't have the power of the government.