Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I have an 11 year old child......I am now married and my husband

I have an 11 year old child......I am now married and my husband wants to adopt my child and give him his last name..(my child has my maiden name)
I was very young when I had my child and I frankly don't know who the father is and none of the boys cared to know if they were the dad excet for two. They got the dna testing done but neither was the dad. Didn't want to embarrass my parents any husband and I now live in FL. So help me if you can or give me some advice. Thank you.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

I am a Florida licensed attorney. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Step-parent adoption is a fairly streamlined process. You will need to file a petition with the court to permit the adoption. After you file the petition, the court may do a home study of your family, however this step may be waived by the court. Finally there will be a hearing to finalize the adoption.

Please give me one moment to locate the forms for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Since I don't know who the father this going to make a simpler process?

Thank you very much Nicole for the "good service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"