Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

I am going through a divorce in CA. My Ex has an attorney and

I am going through a divorce in CA. My Ex has an attorney and let mine go. I want to file the finale judgement of dissolution and I keep getting told that I can not do it on my own and that I have to go through his attorny. Is this true?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Are there any contested issues?

Was a trial held in your divorce case?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alex, thank you for getting back to me.
Nothing contested I have agreed to everything he asked for and no trial.
His attorney sent a over a judgement and addressed kids, alimony, child support and the house. I agree to it all. I forwarded all my paperwork back to his attorney and nothing has taken place. I filed for divorce back in April of 2012. His attorney has been sitting on my response as of Feb. 2013. I want to push this through.
Dear Kristy,

Thank you for your follow up.

Since your husband's attorney does have to review and approve the final judgment and also you would have to coordinate a court hearing at which the judge will review and approve the proposed final judgment and will order the final dissolution of marriage.

In situations such as this, it might be a good idea for you to contact your husband's attorney and coordinate a date for a case status conference before the judge and at that time all the issues and delays can be addressed and you will be able to ask the judge to instruct your husband's attorney to review and file the proposed final judgment within 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck!