Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

i recently filed a petition to have my name added to my daughters

i recently filed a petition to have my name added to my daughters birth certificate, my common law wife of 22 years passed away and never added my name as father, at birth ,its my fault as well as i should have made sure it was amended along time ago this petition was filed in florida 20th circuit court . waht are my chances with the judge??
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Is anyone contesting the fact that you are the father?
Is there some legal purpose for which you want your name added?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello dave noone is contesting this and ihave people to stand up for me and my daughter has my last name.

Dear JACUSTOMER - I see no reason why your name would not be added to the birth certificate if everyone is in agreement. The only problem I see is your claim of a common law marriage since Florida does not recognize common law marriage so you can't claim that your daughter was born during the marriage. But that doesn't mean you are not her father and should not be on the birth certificate and I can't see why a judge would reject your petition to be added to the birth certificate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iwas hoping that you would say that. although there is no common law in florida, we have lived together here and raised two children over 22years dave, thank you very much and you receive the highest rating they'll let me give you.

Thanks for using our service. - Dave