Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

I was in a custody battle with an ex-partner over our son.

I was in a custody battle with an ex-partner over our son. I was married to my current wife at the time. My current wife has filed for divorce and is using the same attorney as my ex-partner used. Is this a conflict of interest?

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. It is not really a conflict of interest for this attorney, since this attorney never represented you or someone on your side, but rather was representing your partner in an adversarial proceedings against you and your wife was not really a legal party involved in custody proceedings with your ex. You can still file a complaint with Washington State Bar and ask them to look into potential conflict of interest, but it is not likely that they would find that one does exist. I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.