How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 621
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CPS law

Customer Question

Would like to talk one on one with an attorney that specializes in CPS law in the state of WA. We are trying to get certified as foster parents and also have custody of our grandchildren. We started proceedings with the foster parenting procedures, getting to the electronic fingerprinting process as directed by CPS. She never replied or responded to the results of the testing. We got an attorney when we realized that we are being put off and started with the custody plan. The caseworker ignored all written and phone messages, only saying she will get back to us. Today, she contacted our attorney saying that a placement has been made with other family members. Our records are clean. We have had the grandchildren since their birth. They are safe with us. Isn't there a law or statute in the state of WA that protects our rights? The other grandmother, that had absolutely nothing to do with them financially, works for the state. She, we believe, is using her influence to acquire the children. Isn't there a law against this? She has a shady past with cocaine and alcohol. She lost her children to CPS. Her live-in boyfriend also has past alcohol issues and lost his kids, too. My husband and I have a clear past. What can we do? Can you give us anything that will press this issue?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 2 years ago.

AttyCBradford :

Hello I am sorry to hear about your situation. While I am not a WA, I do handle these types of case in CA routinely. When you are denied foster/adoption parents you are allowed and in fact you have a right to an appeal. Generally the first step is to contact your social worker and if they will not discuss the case you will have to go over their head to their supervisor and request what is known as a grievance hearing.

AttyCBradford :

Here is a link to how to request a grievance hearing in the state of WA

AttyCBradford :

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.


Thank you for the link and the best knowledge for your state of CA. I had really hoped for a WA state attorney, but I guess that was unavailable. I will give you a positive rating for your answer. Thank-you.

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 621
Experience: Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
AttyCBradford and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OOPS! You sent me to the state of Ohio. The link was for Washington County, Ohio, not Washington State.

Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I apologize here is the correct information:

Adoptive parents have the right to request a fair hearing to contest decisions made by the Department of Social and Health Services that affects their child’s adoption assistance benefits. Adoptive parents are asked to contact the Office of Administrative Hearings or their adoption assistance worker to request a fair hearing, or phone 800.562.5682 for further information. Either the parent or their representative may request a hearing. The request must be made within in 90 days of the date of the decision. Decisions regarding the timeliness of a hearing request are the responsibility of the ALJ. All hearing requests should be forwarded for scheduling regardless of the date of the request. The request does not need to be in any particular form and can be made verbally or in writing. The request can be made to any responsible department employee. The request should include the decision being appealed and why the client is dissatisfied with the decision. However, any request indicating dissatisfaction with a department decision should be treated as a hearing request. Send requests to the following address:

Office of Administrative Hearings
P.O. Box 2465
Olympia, WA 98504-2465
The above information and further explanation of the fair hearing process can be found at the following links: (see page 17) and

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan
< Previous | Next >
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL

Meet The Experts:

  • Ely

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
< Last | Next >
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
  • LawTalk's Avatar


    Attorney and Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
  • Brandon M.'s Avatar

    Brandon M.

    Family Law Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
  • Barrister's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney with 15 years experience
  • AttorneyTom's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers: