socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Issue: Florida Dependency law. Is there any law under chapter

Issue: Florida Dependency law. Is there any law under chapter 39 or any case law that says a parent can consent to dependency without adjudication of dependency? Further clarify question: Can the court legally withhold adjudication with a consent to dependency?
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can continue looking that would be great. I have had the best luck with legal questions on here from a person whose screen name is XXXXX XXXXX think that's how he spelled it.

Thank you for your patience. I will send socrateaser a note to see if he is available to help you.

Regards,
Wendy
Hi. Thanks for requesting me.

By "consent to dependency," do you mean that a parent consents to placing the child with a third party, without court approval?

Maybe if you could provide a little context, that would help me better understand.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe I found the answer in Chapter 39 of the Florida statutes. Dependency means a child is dependent on the state for social services.

Now I'm really confused.Cool Do you need an answer to this question, or have you figured it out for yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe I found the answer

Okay, then hasta la vista, until next time.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)
Hey. Thanks for the positive rating. I wasn't looking for a payment, but I do appreciate it, regardless.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks