socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

today i filed admendment to complaints in court. friday may

today i filed admendment to complaints in court. friday may 10 notice to appear so sent
may i too late for admendment to complaint. i have not recieved the order yet.
do i need to file motion to leave admendment
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
If your amendment is filed before the defendant answers or moves to dismiss, then your amended complaint is timely. Otherwise, you must file a motion for leave to amend.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was talking with lawyer tina can i cancel you

I'm not sure why you want to cancel, given that I have just provided a completely dispositive legal answer.

But, you're the customer, and the choice is entirely yours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you help me with motion for leave to amend

Depends on what sort of help you need. Neither I nor anyone in this forum can write a motion for leave to amend for you. That would be illegal and it violates the website policies.

But, if you have a motion that you would like me to look at and give you some pointers, I will be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is there some kind of website for me to look at so i can see sample of how to write motion

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
he is offline
Hello again,

Note: I wasn't offline. I was helping another customer. Please let me know if the system indicated that I was offline, and I will complain to customer service.

There are numerous examples of leave to amend motions available online. You can Google "motion leave amend georgia" and you will see several dozen. However, the motions that are available, are written for federal district court, not Georgia Superior Court.

A motion for leave to amend is a fairly simple motion, so there won't be much difference. But, you will have to format the pleading for Superior Court.

If you need a sample, then you will either have to visit a public or university law library, or you will need to purchase a civil practice guide. Professional practice guides are very costly. However, you can order one on a credit card, and then return it within 45 days as long as its in new condition, and the publisher will refund your money (less the cost of return shipping -- which you can do using USPS media mail, which is extremely cheap ($5-$10). Here's an example guide. I assume this is a family law matter. If not let me know and I can point you to another.

If you are in a big rush, then the only way to get the publication is to have it shipped overnight, or visit a law library.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it stated that you were off line

Very interesting. Thanks.

Is there anything else that I can assist you with tonight?
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)