Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

Lucy. I had my sons father served by the sheriff this weekend.

Lucy. I had my son's father served by the sheriff this weekend. The sheriff has mailed me the summons and it should arrive shortly. I have kept my son out of school in the interim. Am I safe to send him to school? Is there anything else I can do to keep his dad from picking him up at school? Or what can the school do for my safety?
Hello again,

Every school is going to have their own policies. They can't stop the father from picking him up from school unless there is a court order that says not to release him. You can see if they'll call you if the father shows up during school hours, and you can arrange to deliver him to the door every morning and pick him up the moment he leaves the school. But a court order is really the only way to physically prevent the father from picking him up.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.