Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence

My ex just got approved for section 8 housing and she also

My ex just got approved for section 8 housing and she also receives social security for our child from being autistic for like 600 a month or more and I been paying her child support by choice of 560 a month and she collects unemployment from her job and she makes 12 dollars an hour. Will that affect me in anyway like the government will take money out of my check or anything?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

The fact that she qualifies and is receiving Section 8 housing will not cause the government to withdraw money out of your check. Her financial situation which is income and expenses are factors that the court would use to determine child support if you would to go back to court for modification.
I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. 

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is, because my child support payment is not showing up under her income, due to there is no court ordered child support, will the government try to take money out of my check for child support even though I can provide all the receipts or bank statements from me doing bank to bank transfers for child support?
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

If there is a child support order, your ex could seek enforcement of that order by having the order withdrawn from your paycheck. If there is no support order, then your ex cannot have money withdrawn from your paycheck without going to court and getting a child support order. The government will never withdraw money from your check unless your ex gets a child support order and requests enforcement, or if your ex receives TANF (welfare) for your child. SSI and unemployment will not trigger payments from being withdrawn from your paycheck.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience: I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence