Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

Locked by Customer Service

my elderly mothers checking accout has been compromised...there was over 2000 dollars taken from her account in 200 dollars at a time every couple days in about 6 weeks. is there a way to find out who this was without calling the police just in case it was mom but she doesn't remember?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Have you talked with the bank about this since you are the POA for mother?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i stopped her debt card and cking account and ordered new...this was the last 4 months that i looked at but my sister has stayed with mom for 5 yrs. mom is very frugel...VERY..she has only used her cks for monthly bills and meds and store. she hasn't even been able to pay for house up- keep. BUT i want to find out who this is WITHOUT accusing a family member without proof.

Ok, what I woudl suggest is to make a trip to the local branch nearest the ATM that was used and ask to speak to the branch manager. Then I would sit down with them and explain the entire situation and ask for their help in getting a couple of the ATM photos showing the withdrawals. I would explain that you aren't looking to necessarily pursue criminal action, but would rather handle this within the family. If the manager doesn't think that they are going to be dragged into a criminal investigation, then they are much more likely to help you.
.
The only thing I am not sure about is how long the ATMs keep their photos as they are likely stored digitally. So the sooner you act, the more likely they will still have some of the photos showing the person who withdrew the money.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there a way you can send all of our corraspondence to my email so i have it to review when i speak to the bank?

Unfortunately, as an expert, I am just an independent contractor and don't have any way of emailing with customers directly. What I do when I want to save a conversation is copy and paste it into a Word document and then print it out.
.
You should be able to highlight the entire string, copy it, and then paste it into a Word doc to save it.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am computer illiterate really, can u send this to my email...i really do not know how to past or whatever u said. i really need to use this advise to help with mom accts..PLEASE...

I don't have any way to email anything as I am just a user of the site like you. I can send this over to JA customer service to see if they can email it to you as they would have the ability to do that (I think)...
.
Let me send this over to them and see if they can help.
..
.
Thanks