Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

If an illegal immigrant Father has been deported to Mexico

If an illegal immigrant Father has been deported to Mexico and has remarried, has new children, and cannot be located, is the illegal Mother now living in Texas, with a LEGAL son, apply to have same son's name changed on the birth certificate? On the birth certificate the only mistake is that his middle name was documented as his last name and vice versa.
Thank you!
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Is the father's name listed on the child's birth certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your follow up.

The only way to change / amend the birth certificate of a minor child where the father's name is XXXXX XXXXX is either to obtain written consent of the father listed on the birth certificate or if the mother gets father's parental rights terminated through court, but filing petition to terminate father's parental rights, which if the father is voluntarily not visiting or has any contact with the minor child, the court would consider such behavior as parental abandonment and would generally terminate parental rights.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.