Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

can parents force a minor to go to boarding school?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Yes, a parent has complete authority over his/her minor child. Thus, if you want the child to attend boarding school, then you can order him there.

If he will not physically go, you should be able to get the local sheriff's office to assist in getting him in your car. If they require a court order, you could actually contact child services and report him as being a delinquent child and get the court to order him to the school. If that is done, then law enforcement will be able to help you get him there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As far as contacting Child Services, what do you mean? He is being home schooled and therefore, not delinquent. I would need law enforcements help in getting him somewhere, but they tell me they can not do that.

You can contact child services and ask them to investigate the situation with your son, and they can find him as being a delinquent child OR a child in need of special services or supervision. If that occurs, then they will open case and you can go before the judge and ask the court to step in and assist you with correcting his insubordination or other characteristics that he has.

If you contact child services, they'll help you get this done.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CPS? What local authority should I contact?

Your county child services office. Here's a link: