Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I currently pay child support and my son goes to college and

I currently pay child support and my son goes to college and is 23. I am on a fixed income of 1150.00 a month and out of that I receive 506.83. I can't live on that. I also have medical issues that keep me grounded as far as getting a full time job. My question is how do I stop the bleeding. I have no Idea if he works in his summer months, or what she has for income. She lives in N.J and I in FL. Also can you recommend a good attorney in Passaic county
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry about your difficult situation.

Until what age was the child support ordered for your son?

Did your income and medical condition change since the child support payment was ordered by the court?

Was the child support ordered by the court in NJ or Florida where you currently live?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In N.J. there is no emancipation that I know of. I never received my divorce decree. Yes drastically my health has gone downhill since the support order was ordered due to the long hours I had to work just to live, They really got me. Child support was ordered in N.J.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your follow up.

Given the facts you have provided, it would appear that you can file a Motion to Modify / Reduce / Terminate Child Support Payment, based on your financial and medical condition and provide the court with all the documentation and facts showing such financial medical hardship and the judge will review your motion and will make a decision based on the evidence, facts and testimony presented to the court.

It would be a very good idea for you to consult and retain local child support attorney in Passaic, New Jersey and you can find an experienced and reputable local child support law attorney, by using these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

www.martindale.com
www.lexmundi.com
www.justia.com
www.lawyers.com

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.