Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.
I was checking to see if you had anymore questions or want additional information on some issue we discussed. If so, please let me know. Thanks.
Hi Kirk, I understand and I thank your for the advise but as you saw in my question. I need to know if it is a good move to get the $10k for now while my son and I travel for the summer until my husband gets all done regarding the house, refinancing, etc. The problem now for me is that I can't afford for legal advise yet until I have money. Can I seek the court relief upon our return?
Kirk I am a bit confused. It says thisis a free 7 day trial but now I see there's an extra charge. I do not want to continue paying monthly for a membership here. As I said before i do not have a job and I can't commit to a monthlhy paymentl. Can you help me here and also respond to mhy other questions please
Kirk you are awesome. Blessings. I would like to continue working with you and if I get this money from my husband then I can do the subscription or just wait until next week. But I want to rate you . What can I do to continue in touch with you this 7 days?
If you have another question, you can come back to this link and just post a question here.
The question will not close for some time (months), so you can post right here.
I'll be glad to help any way I can.
Kirk, now we agreed that instead of 10K he will give me $20,000 until husband figures out his finances. He wants to keep our house and buy me out, but he does not know yet whether he will refinance or end up selling it. Until he figures out his finance situation, he wants me to wait for child support and sp0ousal support at least until Jan 2014 (may resolve earlier). In the meantime, since we can't afford 2 homes we've been living under the one roof so I decided to move out and go to where my family is in Peru. Husband and I agree. He thinks is also good for our son to study there for 1 year, but again husband does not commit yet to support. Is it ok to take this 20K as a down payment for the buying out of the house, and maybe ask him for another flat fee for support and school expenses for now? What else will I need for the important issue of custody while I am out of the country with our son? Our temporary (not comprehensive) mediaded agreement only addressed credit card debts, temporary situation (same as explained above....husband ifguring out finances). I plan to come back to USA in Nov. to do all comprehensive PSA. What can I do before our trip this coming JUne ?
If he gives you the money without having you sign something in exchange that says this is to be considered as a payment toward buying you out, etc., then the money is just being volunteered by him and couldn't be counted towards buying you out, child/spousal support, etc.
IF you don't want to go to court and ask for temporary spousal support and child support, then this is probably a good deal. Even if you have to agree that this payment is toward his buying out your interest in the home, as long as you are ok with that, then it should be fine.
Everything can be put on hold until you get back in November IF you and your spouse are agreeable to that.