Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator

I am from Puerto Rico and recently moved to oklahoma for a

I am from Puerto Rico and recently moved to oklahoma for a new job after a contested divorse. In march 24, 2010, my ex wife manage to get a protecction order againts me back in PR, mostly looking for financial remedies. In december 7, 2010 this protection order became reciprocal and lasted to march 24, 2011.

Nither my ex wife nor myself violeted the protection oreder.

Now I am living in Ok and I want to applied for a gun permit and one of the question asked in the application is the following.

Have you ever had a final victim protective order granted againts you ? Yes or No

I don't know what to mark because of the final victim meaning, I am not sure if my ex wife back in PR was declared final victim, especially in a case where the order was declared reciprocal. No where in the order says final victim.

The answer to the question is yes. The problem here is the way in which you are looking at the grammar of the sentence. You are applying the word "final" to the individual word "victim" and arriving at the conclusion that it means the "final victim" when, in your situation, she may not have been a "final victim".

However, the word "final" is meant to be applied to the entire phrase of "victim protective order". It might help to eliminate some words, it could be phrased as a "final order". Based on the facts, a final order was put in place and the answer to the question is yes.

I regret that my answer is unfavorable, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than a truthful response.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.