Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

i filed an appeal with the a family court . it was sent to

i filed an appeal with the a family court . it was sent to the appellate court for an esq. to review . want can i expect ?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

When an appeal goes to the appeals court for review from a pro se party, it is reviewed by counsel there for legal sufficiency as to whether or not it complies to the proper format and whether or not it cites proper errors of the court that can be addressed on the appeal. If the appeal is in proper form and properly addresses and raises errors it will be sent forward for an appellate review. In the appeal, the court looks at the entire record submitted from the court below to address each of the errors you raised in the appeal and will enter a written ruling on your case.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”