KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.

Can a judge decide NOT to give 50% interest ownership in a

Customer Question

Can a judge decide NOT to give 50% interest ownership in a house owned by a married couple when a deed of entirety (warranty deed) has been signed and both parties names are XXXXX XXXXX deed? My husband owned the house 7 years before we got married and we are now getting a divorce in TN.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 3 years ago.
Hello, just to let you know, the system requires that you ask a question only once.
I have already addressed this for you.

Just to rephrase, yes, the judge can decide to divide the property how ever is equitable in your divorce proceeding.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please do not rank my answer until we finish discussing.

· This is my full-time job, not a hobby. If you do not “ACCEPT” my answer, or rate my service “Poor” or “Bad”, the system will keep all of your money and I will not get paid.

· My answer is meant to help educate you about the law, and I promise to give you the best answer possible.

· I will receive only half of the amount that you pay for your question. Multiple accepts or tips are greatly appreciated.

· If I do not reply immediately I might be offline or working with another customer. Please be patient, I will get back to you quickly!

· Please note that even if my answer is not what you were hoping for, I have given you a complete answer and can not control if the law is against you. A favorable rating would be appreciated.

· If you don’t accept my answer, or give me a poor or bad rating, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive no credit or payment for my work with you.

To request me in the future, please start your question with "To KimberlyLaw".