Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

Deposited my paycheck in cash into ex bank account during marriage

Customer Question

Deposited my paycheck in cash into ex bank account during marriage for the household expenses. Can I ask for all this money back during divorce process?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Any money that has been acquired during the marriage is considered marital property and the fact that you placed in a joint account does not make it any more or less marital.

Now with that being said DE will distribute marital assets on an "equitable" basis. This does not necessarily mean equal. It means that the court will look at the total picture and your economic status now and if it deems it is fair and just it will make the award

So to answer you question, Yes, you may make the request. However, there is no guarantee it will be granted.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

I see that you have given ME a Bad Service rating. I am sure this must be an error as I provided true and correct information to you for the question you asked

If you have another question that can help clarify for you, please let me know. Othewise I would appreciate your correction as such a rating hinders my ability to remain working on this site to help and assist others.

Thank you