Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

ra-ks

Customer Question

My daughter and grandson have recently moved to Bremerton. I am concerned about my grandson, this is the 12th school district he has been in in the last 2 years. He is only 10 and I find that this is totally unacceptable. My daughter is gay and has found a partner in Bremerton, as well as she did in Fargo, ND, Boston, MA, Waupaca, WS, Hot Springs, SD, TX and other places as well. I feel sorry for my grandson.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Please tell me what information I can provide to you?

Is the Mother a bad parent - as in does she use drugs or abuse alcohol, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The answer would be that she smokes marijuana and at one time was using meth in Missouri. She will be smoking marijuana there as I believe it is legal. She lost her first son for moving around a lot. Now her second son has been moved more than his share. If you consider that good or bad, I don't know. She loves him, but she is also very agree with him at times. He's just a 10 year old boy.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Ok. Thank you for that information

So what is it I can assist you with ? What information can I provide for you in this regard?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess that I want to assure if the state becomes involved in this her situation for any reason, I need to know what I can do to have my grandson live with us, and not go to the state. I live in SD, and am unable to find anything out. I thought of calling the state to check on him but haven't done that. Do you have any suggestions at all?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you

And actually, that is what I was afraid of. Unfortunately, unless you can show that the Mother is unfit and the she is harming the child, you would not be able to take the child away from the parent, unless she wants to allow it.

And I am guessing that the Mother is not just going to give up the child

If you get the Child Services involved, there is no guarantee that the child would be placed with you instead of a foster parent.

I suggest if you want to file for a guardianship you will have to show that the Mother is bad, unfit, does illegal things and therefore is very harmful to the boy.

Unfortunately, the fact that the child is being moved around is not enough to show the life is harming the child even though you and I might feel that it is.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I see there is a BAD SERVICE marked on my answer. I am sure this must be an error as I have provided true, correct and accurate information to your question. Albeit, not what you want to hear, nonetheless, true and correct. Therefore, I would appreciate you making the correction for a good to excellent rating or ask me more questions. I can only answer what you ask. I cannot read minds to know what information you need. But when I have provided true, correct information and you rate me this way it hinders my ability to provide others with information and assist them

Thank you