How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Samuel II Your Own Question

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25045
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

My daughter and grandson have recently moved to Bremerton. I am concerned about my grandson, this is the 12th school district he has been in in the last 2 years. He is only 10 and I find that this is totally unacceptable. My daughter is gay and has found a partner in Bremerton, as well as she did in Fargo, ND, Boston, MA, Waupaca, WS, Hot Springs, SD, TX and other places as well. I feel sorry for my grandson.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Please tell me what information I can provide to you?

Is the Mother a bad parent - as in does she use drugs or abuse alcohol, etc?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The answer would be that she smokes marijuana and at one time was using meth in Missouri. She will be smoking marijuana there as I believe it is legal. She lost her first son for moving around a lot. Now her second son has been moved more than his share. If you consider that good or bad, I don't know. She loves him, but she is also very agree with him at times. He's just a 10 year old boy.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thank you for that information

So what is it I can assist you with ? What information can I provide for you in this regard?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guess that I want to assure if the state becomes involved in this her situation for any reason, I need to know what I can do to have my grandson live with us, and not go to the state. I live in SD, and am unable to find anything out. I thought of calling the state to check on him but haven't done that. Do you have any suggestions at all?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

And actually, that is what I was afraid of. Unfortunately, unless you can show that the Mother is unfit and the she is harming the child, you would not be able to take the child away from the parent, unless she wants to allow it.

And I am guessing that the Mother is not just going to give up the child

If you get the Child Services involved, there is no guarantee that the child would be placed with you instead of a foster parent.

I suggest if you want to file for a guardianship you will have to show that the Mother is bad, unfit, does illegal things and therefore is very harmful to the boy.

Unfortunately, the fact that the child is being moved around is not enough to show the life is harming the child even though you and I might feel that it is.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

I see there is a BAD SERVICE marked on my answer. I am sure this must be an error as I have provided true, correct and accurate information to your question. Albeit, not what you want to hear, nonetheless, true and correct. Therefore, I would appreciate you making the correction for a good to excellent rating or ask me more questions. I can only answer what you ask. I cannot read minds to know what information you need. But when I have provided true, correct information and you rate me this way it hinders my ability to provide others with information and assist them

Thank you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan
< Previous | Next >
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL

Meet The Experts:

  • Ely

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
< Last | Next >
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
  • LawTalk's Avatar


    Attorney and Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
  • Brandon M.'s Avatar

    Brandon M.

    Family Law Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
  • Barrister's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney with 15 years experience
  • AttorneyTom's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers: