Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

If a lawyer files documents with the court asking for us to

Customer Question

If a lawyer files documents with the court asking for us to provide information for discovery but has a typo with the wrong date (3 weeks after the hearing). Do we have to acknowledge that we know it is wrong? He has not acknowledged it yet. (May 2nd, VS May 22nd)
Please advise.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What you are describing would likely be deemed by the courts, if found, as a 'harmless' and a 'minor' error since this appears to have been a typo (the same number types twice) rather than an intentional error. You do not have to acknowledge that it is wrong, you can simply go by the premise that there is no error with the documentation and pretend as if the proper and correct date was put into the documentation. That would likely be welcomed by the courts as this error does not appear to have been made with intent or malice but rather simple error.

Good luck.