Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law

My Family keep harassing me bothering me and there just after

My Family keep harassing me bothering me and there just after My money....
Is there anything I can do Legally to stop them from sending offers out to see if i'm alive :/
every other day for no reason when they perfectly know i'm alive :/ I now have a business and a small apartment and cannot have a cop here it would start to look bad ever other day plus i'm 33 I should have rights...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

is there anything I can do to stop my family from herasing me legally?

Customer:

I own an estate and there just after money.....I tell them to go away then after a while they will send a cop to my door looking for me

Brandon M. :

Thank you for your question. Every day for no reason they're contacting you to see if you are alive?

Customer:

in ct they randomly sent a cop there they claim to see if I was alive

Customer:

and I told them to stop bugging me and now I get calls and emails

Customer:

and i am afraid in a few daysthey will send another cop to check on me

Brandon M. :

What is their explanation for the frequent contact?

Customer:

just to see if i'm alive :/

Customer:

My other atttourney even had told them I was

Customer:

if I was noit alive how could my attourney be contacting them saying I was

Customer:

lol

Brandon M. :

Maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't make sense. It's not normal to be so interested in whether someone is still alive. Do they have any particular reason to believe that your life may be in danger?

Brandon M. :

Good point. lol.

Customer:

I was married before but now i'm not

Customer:

there is no reason now for them to be concerned

Customer:

and they know this

Brandon M. :

Have you made a formal complaint to the police about their behavior?

Customer:

No How do I do this correctly?

Customer:

I feel they are screwy and just after my money....I own a 2 mill estate

Customer:

BTw

Customer:

they like to pop up after i get New anuities and investments

Customer:

other wise they do not give a woot and just like to herass me

Customer:

cops will not help there really not hurting me just anoying me

Customer:

they have to come here and force me out or something

Customer:

this is my prob

Customer:

its still herassment

Customer:

just verbal

Customer:

and texted

Customer:

and they used to herras my x wife on facebook

Customer:

wich sorta why we broke up

Brandon M. :

Well, basically, Florida criminalizes harassment and stalking. Stalking is defined as continued and unwanted contact. There's generally nothing wrong with checking in on a family member from time to time, but when the behavior is part of a campaign that serves no legitimate function, law enforcement can get involved. The police have discretion to refer any criminal behavior to the District Attorney's office for prosecution, so for the citizen who has been victimized, it's just a matter of contacting the local law enforcement agency and asking them to take a report.

Brandon M. :

Because the nuances of every case are different ,this information should not be relied upon as complete or advice without consulting in person with counsel, but the point is that harassment and stalking are matters that can be dealt with directly by law enforcement.

Customer:

hummm wow Thank you because why do I have to hide when I ask them to stop and they do not

Customer:

I could change my name i'm not sure if that would help?....

Brandon M. :

Well, changing your name certainly wouldn't make it any easier for them to find you.

Customer:

Thank you your input is very valuable

Brandon M. :

So you are aware, if law enforcement can't get involved in a stalking or harassment matter due to a lack of evidence, it may also be possible to file for a protective order if the harassing/stalking party is a family member. A protective order is sometimes called a restraining order. Because they can be fairly complex, I would recommend working with an attorney if you are considering exercising that option.

Customer:

wow yes iv ben wanting one

Customer:

but no attourney will do family law like that against your family matters :/

Customer:

that I know of

Customer:

what kind of lawyer do I look up?

Customer:

and I have my x wife as proof...

Brandon M. :

If you're having difficulty finding an attorney to help, I recommend contacting your county bar association and requesting a referral from them.

Customer:

she witness the whole actig ofhtere crazyness

Brandon M. :

Most family law attorneys can help, but some general civil litigation attorneys do so as well.

Customer:

what kind of attourneys do I ask for for this
?

Customer:

ah ty

Customer:

wow I wish i tried this site before when they were worst

Customer:

you guys are very smart

Brandon M. :

I'm glad that you found the information to be useful. Did you have any other question?

Customer:

one more question please

Customer:

My father has near the same name.....I am having identity issues with credit and so on

Customer:

is this Fraud if he put his name alis as mine aka

Customer:

its under known as aka John R Stehli too

Brandon M. :

You wrote "is this Fraud if he put his name alis as mine aka". I'm afraid that I didn't understand that, due possibly to typographical errors. Could I bother you to rephrase the question? I do apologize.

Customer:

identity theft

Customer:

sorry

Customer:

he is running off my name credits as his name as well useing me as him

Customer:

I have the better credit there for they are to close and companies get us mixed up

Brandon M. :

Ok, and you're wondering if this constitutes criminal identity theft?

Customer:

yes thank you

Customer:

Perfect

Customer:

why else would his name be under mine in trans union under aka also Known as John R Stehli when my name isXXXXX

Brandon M. :

Please allow me to provide to you the relevant statute. Florida Statute 817.568 is the section that criminalizes identity theft. It reads, in part:

Any person who willfully and without authorization fraudulently uses, or possesses with intent to fraudulently use, personal identification information concerning an individual without first obtaining that individual’s consent, commits the offense of fraudulent use of personal identification information, which is a felony of the third degree...

Customer:

oh ty

Brandon M. :

Great. Does that make sense?

Customer:

wow you are amazing yes

Customer:

well I did not autherize his concent

Customer:

I would never of for any reason done that

Brandon M. :

So there you go.

Customer:

wow

Customer:

Are these question bases all ready charged for me your worth the money

Customer:

I would also like to rate you!

Brandon M. :

There is no extra charge to you--I am paid if you leave a positive rating. But you do have the opportunity to leave a bonus for me once you are finished. Naturally, there is no obligation to do so.

Customer:

Sure how do I =]

Customer:

i'm very happy with your service I feel u just saved me abunch of problems geting fulse lawyers

Brandon M. :

Once you leave a rating, it will let you leave a bonus if you desire to do so. Thanks for the consideration :-)

Brandon M. :

That's great to hear. The nice thing about this service is that we can reach a segment of the population that otherwise would not have access to legal information.

Customer:

How do I reach you if I need further assistannce?

Customer:

you are at least worth 400.00 for your time

Brandon M. :

If you would like to reach me, Just mention me in the heading of your question. For example, "This question is for Brandon M." That way, the other attorneys can direct the question to me, even if I am not online at the moment when you ask the question.

Customer:

most attournies do charge 200 hourly rates for that kind of sourcing

Brandon M. :

I charge $295 per hour in my practice, but I also don't get to do my practice from my living room :-)

Customer:

wow

Customer:

see though so you know

Customer:

if i kept going to people that do no care and is not perfessional before I went to you

Customer:

it would have costed me more than 400

Brandon M. :

I've been with the website since 2008. They've gone through a lot of changes, but I appreciate that I can just sit down after dinner and do some low-pressure work helping people who can't make it to a law office.

Brandon M. :

Probably, yes.

Customer:

and now I have u as an advisor for facts to give to them to not sound like a dumb dumb

Customer:

Thank you how do I rate you and give u your tip?

Customer:

you answered all my questions

Customer:

I copied this chat btw is that ok?

Brandon M. :

Yes, that is just fine.

Brandon M. :

Do you see a place to leave stars or smiley faces?

Customer:

oh yes now I do hehe

Customer:

ok we are done your fast and i'm proud I was brave enough to try you!

Brandon M. :

I'm glad too. Take care, and best of luck to you in your matter.

Customer:

Thank you and you as well...

Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience: Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jonathan:

How are things going? I was just following up to see how your progress has been. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask for me by name in the text of your question to ensure that the question is set aside for when I become available. Thanks, and if I don't hear from you, I wish you the best.