How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tina can I just type a statement have it notorized and send

This answer was rated:

Tina can I just type a statement have it notorized and send it to my son so he can bring it to the courthouse and file his reponse in time.
Hello again, Debra.It is important that the statement be a "sworn statement" under oath, or a court may reject it. Most states call it an "affidavit".Here is a link which allows you to prepare your own sworn affidavit: your son feels comfortable filing his answer to the complaint, it is not required that he retain an attorney. But he would normally be better served by retaining an attorney to represent him in the matter.I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!Tina
Tina and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Debra. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10). It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Related Family Law Questions