N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

I have not seen or heard from my estranged husband in over

I have not seen or heard from my estranged husband in over twenty years. I went online and found an address and phone number where he used to live. The woman that answered the phone said she is his one of his ex wives and he has been married and divorced twice since I last saw him twenty years ago. She does not know where he is now. I cannot find any record of divorce where he divorced me. What do I do. My employer is asking for a copy of the divorce record.
I am sorry to hear this.

If you were never a party to a divorce case, you are still legally married and his later marriages were both legally void as bigamous.

You can get a free consultation from some of the divorce lawyers listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for accepting my answer.