N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Been going through court system for 16 months to disolve a

Been going through court system for 16 months to disolve a domestic union. I just fpound out that the person I have been with for 19 years was married and did'nt get a divorce til after he signed our papers. Can I go to the DA and take the to criminal court??? My 2 divorce lawyers just keeping say not now??
I am sorry to hear this.

Your lawyers should probably amend the petition to dissolve the union to request an annulment of the union based on the marriage that made the union void.

You have the right to report crimes to the DA or other local law enforcement authorities.

You have the right to arbitration or mediation of attorney fee disputes, see
https://www.ctbar.org/For%20the%20Public/FeeDisputeResolution.aspx
$60,000 sounds unusually high, but I don't have the facts and do not know how many property and other issues it involves.

You can get a free consultation from some of the attorneys listed by location here. I think it would be a be good idea to run this by another local attorney to get an educated opinion as to whether your lawyers are doing a good job and have earned what they have billed.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for the Excellent rating, and thank you very much for the bonus!