KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.

If i have joint custody of my children and they have 529 accounts

If i have joint custody of my children and they have 529 accounts and my ex wife is the custodian on the accounts, how can i get access? She is refusing to give me any information on the accounts
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

If you have equal joint legal custody of the children, you should both have access to that account.

If she refuses to provide you with the information, you could take this issue back to the judge who issued your custody order and state that she is failing to comply with the order. She has to comply with her legal obligations in regards XXXXX XXXXX order or she can be held in contempt of court.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please do not rank my answer until we finish discussing.

· This is my full-time job, not a hobby. If you do not “ACCEPT” my answer, or rate my service “Poor” or “Bad”, the system will keep all of your money and I will not get paid.

· My answer is meant to help educate you about the law, and I promise to give you the best answer possible.

· I will receive only half of the amount that you pay for your question. Multiple accepts or tips are greatly appreciated.

· If I do not reply immediately I might be offline or working with another customer. Please be patient, I will get back to you quickly!

· Please note that even if my answer is not what you were hoping for, I have given you a complete answer and can not control if the law is against you. A favorable rating would be appreciated.

· If you don’t accept my answer, or give me a poor or bad rating, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive no credit or payment for my work with you.

To request me in the future, please start your question with "To KimberlyLaw".