RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

summer visitation in tx states that i the custodial parent

summer visitation in tx states that i the custodial parent give him notice by april 15thfor summer visits, when he came to pick up our son on april 11th i gave him the letter of my days that i wanted our son for my summer visitation, he read the letter and returned it back to me. do i still have to mail notice to him?
Thank you for your question.

Can you tell me if your order says you have to mail notice, or does it only say that you must give written notice to the other parent?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

written notice

Thank you for your reply.

You are okay then - you do not need to mail it. Chapter 153 of the Texas Family Code, which discusses visitation actually states in part that "
written notice shall be deemed to have been timely made if received or postmarked before or at the time that notice is due."

When you handed him the notice, it was received before the due date. Because your custody/vistation order does not specifically further require that it be postmarked, there is no need to mail it.