How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel that the lawer I have in this present divorce is doing

This answer was rated:

I feel that the lawer I have in this present divorce is doing a crummy job and as long as I woul dhave the ability to referrence a site like this to at least make me aware of things I wouldfeel comfortable representing myself in court. Am I able to do that in the Province of Alberta?

LADY LAWYER : Hello again :)
LADY LAWYER : You do not need a lawyer to represent you in court. If you do not have a lawyer, you will have to do everything that a lawyer would do to prepare your case and appear in court. For example, you will need to learn about:the court system and court procedures;the law that applies to your case (this will involve legal research); andthe evidence you need to prove your case; andwhat will happen if you win or lose your case.Trials are time-consuming, intense, and complex. So while you can certainly represent yourself, you will have a lot on your plate if you do.
LADY LAWYER : This site with relevant links might help:
LADY LAWYER : If you have any further questions, please just let me know! Thanks!
LADY LAWYER and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you